OKC Good Things Happening!
- Forbes says Oklahoma City has the lowest cost of living in the USA!
- Oklahoma City is 5th fastest growing City.
- OKC has the 2nd Best Real Estate Market.
- OKC has the 2nd Lowest Jobless Rate.
- OKC is the 7th city for Income Growth.
- The Paseo District was named one of the Top 10 Art Districts in the USA!
- Oklahoma City has grown to 1.2 million in population.
- OKC has Bricktown and the coming Sandridge Commons. (Core to Shore)
- Project 180 ? Upgrading of all roads in downtown OKC. Light rail and Cable Cars may be included.
- The Fairgrounds is doing a 100 million remodel on horse barns and facilities to keep the important horse attractions in Oklahoma City.
- Devon Towers has now reaches 21 floors. One third complete!
- The Skirvin Towers is consistently filled with OKC visitors.
- The rerouting of I-40 will open 1300 acres near downtown OKC for development.
- The Oklahoma River will have a 5 story finish line Center for Olympic Rowing, viewing and broadcasting.
- The Indian Cultural Center in partnership with the Smithsonian will include several Indian Villages.
- Tinker Air Force Base is building new hangers and upgrading their Gates.
- The Oklahoma City Zoo has new gorilla and elephant habitats.
- The Cowboy Hall of Fame has a new addition.
Many of the Major Hospitals in the area are expanding. Integris is building a new center near 15th and I-35 in Edmond. Edmond Memorial has partnered with the OU Medical Center.
Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation is building a new tower serving as a keystone of the largest expansion in their 63 year history. Most visible will be the helix-shaped wind turbines atop the tower, which will decrease electricity usage by 17 to 33 percent.
Oklahoma City has some great companies and businesses already here and coming with new buildings going up across the whole Metro Area.